Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif Chairs Meeting with Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah

In a significant gathering convened at the Chief Minister House, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif presided over a meeting attended by Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah and members of the provincial cabinet. The session, which included Federal Minister Ahsan Iqbal, Khalid Maqbool, Mossadegh Malik, Jam Kamal, and Attaullah Tarar, served as a platform for fruitful discussions on pertinent issues affecting the province.

Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah extended warm congratulations to Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on his recent appointment, emphasizing the enhanced representation of Sindh in the Prime Minister’s cabinet. He expressed optimism that with key ministers such as Finance Minister Muhammad Aurangzeb, Jam Kamal, and Qaiser Sheikh residing in Karachi, along with Khalid Maqbool’s affiliation with the city, the concerns of Sindh would be prioritized and effectively addressed.

During a briefing to the Prime Minister, Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah highlighted the challenges faced by the province, particularly referencing the devastating floods of 2022. He underscored the commencement of the reconstruction phase following the widespread destruction caused by the natural disaster, emphasizing the urgent need for support and resources to mitigate its aftermath.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, during his one-day visit to Karachi, reaffirmed the government’s commitment to addressing the pressing issues confronting Sindh. He acknowledged the severity of the flood’s impact and underscored the importance of collaborative efforts between donor agencies and federal and provincial governments to facilitate reconstruction efforts.

In discussing funding arrangements for flood relief and reconstruction projects, Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah disclosed that 70 percent of the funding had been secured from donor agencies, with the remaining 30 percent to be provided by the federal and Sindh governments. Notably, donor agencies have contributed a substantial sum of 557.79 billion rupees towards these initiatives, reflecting their commitment to aiding the province’s recovery efforts.

Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah also shed light on specific projects aimed at addressing the needs of flood-affected communities, including the construction of houses and schools. He revealed that the Sindh government had allocated 25 billion rupees for housing projects, while expressing concern over the delay in funds from the federal government. Additionally, he highlighted the allocation of funds for school construction projects amounting to 11,917 million rupees, lamenting the lack of attention from the federal government towards new schemes in Sindh over the past four years.

The meeting served as a platform for constructive dialogue and collaboration between federal and provincial authorities, underscoring the shared commitment to addressing the challenges facing Sindh and fostering inclusive development in the region.